*UPDATE* These two precious pups have been adopted by their long term foster carer 🙂 Caboose and Foxy Lady are...
adopt a Beagle?
- We are the only breed specific rescue in QLD and with our committee having collectively 85 years in experience we know beagles and their quirks and behaviours.
- It is the right thing to do, in our modern age of recycling adopting a beagle from our rescue is the ultimate recycling that in many cases saves a life that otherwise may have been euthanized if left in a pound.
- We spend a lot of time making sure that the beagle you adopt is the perfect match for you and your family.
- All our beagles posted as available have been health-checked, temperament tested and in many cases, have been trained in basic beagle manners and are toilet trained.
- We offer you 24/7 support should you ever need any help with problems that you encounter.
- As most of our beagles are over 1 year, what you see is what you get … no surprises on how big they will get. As all our beagles are in Foster homes we know in advance if they are active or couch potatoes and what their personalities are already like as well and those things that really do matter … do they like kids, are the good with cats and if they are barkers.
- We all know how irresistible Beagle puppies are and how hard it is to resist them is but for many families with young children adopting an adult beagle is more beneficial as the children won’t have to put up with the biting, nipping and scratching from an over excited puppy. The opposite also applies as an adult beagle as many children can traumatize a puppy with the continual pulling and prodding that many endure when not being supervised by a parent. Adult beagles are generally mellow in nature and often more cautious and patient around children.
- An adult beagle will BOND with you no matter how old it is, they are just as eager to become part of a loving family and for some it will be the first time…… all you need to do is give them love and as soon as they feel safe and secure the magic will happen. For many of us at Beagle Rescue QLD we already know that it is a fact, that rescue beagles are eager to please and win-over their new owners.
- Adopting a beagle from our rescue is cost-effective as our Vets have already given each beagle a thorough health check, they have been desexed, microchipped, vaccinated as well as wormed and treated for fleas monthly or more frequently if required. All our beagles have been tested and are Heart Worm negative they are also on preventatives. Any other medical issues will have been resolved prior to adoption or if ongoing will be declared prior to taking applications and often offered at a reduced adoption fee.
- Adopting a beagle from our rescue is teaching your children, from an early age to be responsible animal lovers. They are also learning the essential values of compassion, caring, and the selfless act of giving a dog a second chance. These values are after all what life and loving is all about. Most importantly you are setting a good example for your children. <3
How do I adopt a Beagle or Hound?
Contact us and we will send you an Adoption Application … your application will be kept on file until we have a Hound that is perfect for you and your family.
What are the requirements when adopting?
You must be over 18 years, have beagle proof fencing in your yard. We prefer that our beagles can sleep in doors and we ask that they be welcomed into your family and not merely a garden ornament in the back yard. We prefer homes that already have beagle or a compatible dog breed that will be a companion for our beagle but there will always be some beagles that suit single dog homes also, most importantly they are included into the family and played, walked and loved daily, beagles are pack animals so they love company and being around their owners.
Are the Beagles chipped and wormed?
All our beagles regardless of age will not be made available to adopt until they have been fully vetted including, a thorough health check, they have been desexed, microchipped, vaccinated as well as wormed and treated for fleas monthly or more frequently if required. All our beagles have been tested and are Heart Worm negative they are also on preventatives. Any other medical issues will have been resolved prior to adoption.
What if I don’t like it after a few weeks?
Once we select a family to adopt they are offered a trail period with the beagle, as it is a trial if it doesn’t work out the beagle is returned to us but during that time we are here to support you and often it is a simple problem that can easily be modified. Once a beagle is ADOPTED they are adopted under our life time adoption contract which means if at any time in the future you are unable to continue caring for your beagle, regardless of the reason, that they are returned to us which means our hounds will never end up in the pound or gumtree or similar.
What do they eat?
All our beagles are fed a nutritious grain free kibble and a variety of fresh raw meat and fruit and vegetables.
Birth – 12 Months
13 Months – 3 Years
10+ Years $100 or Based on medical needs
What is included
In adoption fee for our Beagles
All our beagles, regardless of age, are vetted prior to adoption and are
- Heart Worm NEGATIVE by TEST.
- On preventatives for fleas, worms and heart worms
- Any other medical or behavioral issue attended too and we also offer
- 24/7 Support from our rescue
- A Life time adoption contract and guarantee that if for any reason you are unable to care for your beagle that we will take them back into our care.
Meet our Beagles
Available for adoption
Hi, my name is Molly… I arrived at 9 weeks old, I am now 10 weeks… My foster mum has...
Olympas is named after the Movie ‘Olympus has fallen” (just changed the spelling), as she has loads of energy and...
Hello my human friends, my name is Oscar and I am a 10 month old Beagle boy. 🐶 Oscar is...
Hi my name is Ragnar but please call me Raggy, everyone else does… 🐶 and I prefer it! We want...
Hi, My name is Ruby and I am a young 8 year old Beaglier. Now, just because my Ball chasing...
Hi, my name is Ruby… I am a 5 year old Beagle x Cavalier. Don’t you love my name? How...
Hi, my name is Sadie and I am a vibrant, bouncy, happy 18 month old Girl… I love life, I...
Hi, my name is Zelda, my foster mum calls me Zelly… I am 8 months young and super adorable! Due...